Pages

1/12/15

Cool Maps of Fictional Literary Places

middleearthI love maps. Do you love maps? Cause I lurrrrrrve maps.

And when someone brings books and maps together, I basically have palpitations of joy. Now, I can’t read a street map to save my life, but I can pore over maps of cities, countries, and continents for hours. Perhaps it’s because these kinds of maps give me a much larger perspective on the world, reminding me of how diverse and beautiful the planet and its people are.

Maps of fictional places are mesmerizing in another way: they help me visualize entirely imagined worlds in new and fascinating ways. And thanks to talented artists and cartographers, such maps exist for our viewing and studying pleasure.

So without further ado, I give you a bunch of very cool maps of fictional places. Have fun! (Editor’s note: click to enlarge the images for more detail!)

Hogwarts

hogwarts

source


Middle Earth

middleearth

source

Narnia

narnia

source


The world of Game of Thrones

gameofthrones
source


Lilliput
swift-lilliput-thumb

source


Brobdingnag
swift-brob-thumb

source

Oz

oz
source


Earthsea

earthsea
source


Yoknapatawpha County
faulkner

source


China Mieville’s Bas-Lag 

bas-lag

source
 
 
(first posted on Book Riot 1/6/15

1 comment:

  1. I love maps as well. I actually have the Game of Thrones book of maps and I'm reading a book call A History of the World i 12 Maps right now.

    ReplyDelete