Pages

10/11/13

Bookish News (week of October 7)

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/files/2013/10/alice-munro1-600x764.jpg CLEARLY, the biggest bookish news of the week is that Canadian author Alice Munro won the Nobel Prize in Literature. I haven't read her yet (I know, I'm terrible), but I certainly plan to. I swear.

                                    *  *  *
This week marks the 64th anniversary of Edgar Allan Poe's death on the streets of Baltimore. I always knew that city was unhealthy. Poor Edgar. Well, he's got a football team named after one of his poems, so I guess that's something.
                                    *  *  *
McDonald's plans to include nutrition-themed books in Happy Meals in November. Yes, you read that correctly. Poor Happy Meal toys. Even they get furloughed sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment