Pages

10/18/13

Bookish News (week of October 14)

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/10/16/business/16booker/16booker-articleLarge.jpgThe National Book Award finalists were named this week: the fiction category includes Jhumpa Lahiri, George Saunders, and Thomas Pynchon. Yes, I've heard their latest books are fabulous. No, I haven't read them yet. (Sigh).

New Zealander Eleanor Catton won the Man Booker Prize, Britain's most prestigious literary prize, for her novel The Luminaries (800+ pages long). She's also the youngest writer to have ever won it. I guess her next novel will have to be over 1,000 pages, right?

I'll just let the title of this article speak for itself: "Noel Gallagher [of the band Oasis] says reading fiction 'a waste of fucking time'." Umm, what the &*%^&&%^ ????? I...there...no words....just....oh my god...

No comments:

Post a Comment